Chelsea to continue spree with Malang Sarr?

Spread the news

Manchester City are doing a bit of maths in order to work out if they can sign Lionel Messi from Crisis Club Barcelona and stay within the bounds of Uefa’s entirely uncontroversial FFP regulations. ESPN reckons Barcelona’s “official stance” is that the Argentinian is not for sale, and that the club have pointed potential buyers to the preposterous £625m release clause necessary to prize the 33-year-old away from his contract.

But, so the story goes, City would be interested in saving Messi from the shambles Barcelona have become if the figure involved was ‘reasonable’. Messi is reportedly unimpressed at the decision to call on Ronald Koeman to try and turn things around, and it’s also being reported that club and player may strike a release deal similar to the one that saw Cristiano Ronaldo leave Real Madrid and sign for Juventus.

Related: Luis Suárez and Ivan Rakitic on notice as Koeman starts Barcelona clearout

The former Internazionale head honcho Massimo Moratti, meanwhile, has claimed the Nerazzurri are preparing to pounce for the unsettled Messi.

Frank Lampard is apparently going to bolster his Chelsea ranks by signing Malang Sarr, the 21-year-old central defender who is entirely release-clause-free after rejecting the offer of a new contract from Nice in Ligue 1. On the subject of potential boosts to the Blues’ defensive options, Thiago Silva is poised to decide his future in the next 24 hours after losing Sunday’s Champions League final with Paris Saint-Germain to Bayern Munich, along with Ben Chilwell.

Not content with splashing out £90m just on the transfer fee to bring the exciting German talent Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen, the Stamford Bridge payroll department ought to double-check his bank details when the time comes, because they are going to pay £310,000 him a week, according to The Sun.

Over at Arsenal, meanwhile, Lille defender Gabriel Magalhães has already had a medical despite the fact that he does, in theory, need to observe a 14-day Covid-19 quarantine if travelling to the UK from France. “It is believed he was able to take his medical at a London location that was not the training ground,” report PA. In a heartening development that proves football is not all about money, Magalhães’ agent has said they opted to turn down “more lucrative offers” because the player wants to be part of Arteta’s rebuilding project at Fortress Emirates. “Edu convinced us of the project,” Guilherme Miranda is quoted as saying of the Arsenal technical director’s powers of persuasion. “It’s 100% because of Edu Gaspar and Arteta.”

In other Gunners news, head coach Mikel Arteta wants to bring Dennis Bergkamp back and not just for an off-season Legends football tournament. Arteta is keen to strengthen his backroom staff, it is being reported, and believes that fan favourite Bergkamp can help in this direction. The Dutchman has previously spoken of his desire to take a coaching role at his former club so everyone’s a winner, it would seem.

Moise Kean is about to bring an end to his unproductive stay at Everton by returning to Juventus on loan, according to reports in the Italian media, while the Merseyside club have apparently agreed a £31.5m fee with Napoli to sign Brazilian midfielder Allan.

In yet more news about cold, hard cash, Billy ‘Moneyball’ Beane is interested in making an investment in Premier League champions Liverpool. Beane is a friend of Fenway Sports Group owner John Henry so the move would be a natural fit, according to the New York Post.

Lastly, the Ajax and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek is said to be awaiting offers from Premier League clubs. Aren’t we all?

source msn


Spread the news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *