Andy Murray ruled OUT of the Australian Open

Spread the news

Andy Murray ruled OUT of the Australian Open as he confirms his team were unable to find ‘workable quarantine’ to allow him into the country after being diagnosed with Covid-19
Andy Murray has confirmed he will not travel to the Australian open this year
The Scot was due to fly out to Melbourne last week before contracting Covid-19
Organisers had been working with Murray, but no solution has been found
The 33-year-old has reached Australian Open final five times, but has never won

Andy Murray described himself as ‘devastated’ after the door slammed shut on his hopes of playing in the Australian Open.

Having tested positive for Covid 12 days ago, he ran out of time to compete after being told on Friday that there could be no special quarantine dispensation, despite having completed his self-isolation at home.

It appears the tournament made efforts to find a compromise for its five-times finalist. But health authorities decided he would need to go into full lockdown for two weeks after arriving ahead of the February 8 start.

Andy Murray described himself as ‘devastated’ after the door slammed shut on his hopes of playing in the Australian Open.  Having tested positive for Covid 12 days ago, he ran out of time to compete after being told on Friday that there could be no special quarantine dispensation, despite having completed his self-isolation at home.  It appears the tournament made efforts to find a compromise for its five-times finalist. But health authorities decided he would need to go into full lockdown for two weeks after arriving ahead of the February 8 start.

Spread the news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *